EiffelStudio Integrated Development Environment
Welcome to the central resource for EiffelStudio developers and contributors.
- December 2022: EiffelStudio 22.12 is available for download at https://account.eiffel.com/downloads
- May 2022: EiffelStudio 22.05 is available for download at https://account.eiffel.com/downloads
- November 2021: EiffelStudio 21.11 is available for download at https://account.eiffel.com/downloads
- December 2020: EiffelStudio 20.11 is available for download at https://account.eiffel.com/downloads
- May 2019: EiffelStudio 19.05 is available for download at https://account.eiffel.com/downloads
EiffelStudio is an open-source IDE for the Eiffel programming language. Eiffel Software is the principal contributor and hosts the subversion repository. EiffelStudio is maintained and developed by Eiffel Software as well many contributors, including ETH Zurich.
EiffelStudio is a full-featured IDE offering the following features, many of them unique:
- Complete compiler for the Eiffel programming language, with Design By Contract (DBC) support and both high compile-time speed and high-performance executables, based on the Melting Ice Technology.
- Full portability (including graphics) across Windows, MacOS X, Linux, *BSD, Solaris and other operating systems
- Smart code editor
- Sophisticated multi-view browsing and viewing facilities
- Interactive debugger
- Graphical modeling tool for UML and BON with full roundtrip
- Refactoring support
- GUI development tool (EiffelBuild) and fully portable GUI library (EiffelVision)
- Many other libraries of reusable component.
The Eiffel compiler creates C code that is then handed to a standard C compiler. As a result, Eiffel programs have a run-time performance comparable to those directly written in C or C++, but with the benefits of an advanced object-oriented model and strong typing. EiffelStudio uses a highly efficient compacting garbage collector to free the developer from the burden of memory management.
Working with EiffelStudio