EiffelStudio 19.05 Releases
Below are not the release notes of EiffelStudio. It is the change log of EiffelStudio intermediate releases and the most important changes are highlighted in green or in red (for breaking changes). The release notes of EiffelStudio can be found at the following URL. You can also download the latest revision here. Information about other version can be found under Category:Releases.
EiffelStudio 19.05.x Releases
Beta download: https://ftp.eiffel.com/pub/beta/
- Added the possibility to insert unicode symbols using the IDE feature completion (see $ISE_EIFFEL/eifinit/unicode_symbols.cfg).
- New feature
FILE.make_open_temporary(_with_prefix)to create temporary file or folder. This should be used to replace obsolete
- library (json): REAL NaN, Negative and Positive Infinity values are serialized as "null" (as JSON has no support for such values)
- compiler: consider that empty value or unset environment variables represent the same value for ecf variables.
- Updated contrib/library/gobo to Gobo v4.3 . *WARNING:* you may need to add to your ecf file the libraries gobo_(lexical
19.05.10.2756 (February 01st 2019)
- Also known as 19.01-beta
- EiffelStudio (error): Added an automated fix for violation of
VDRS(4)that removes the associated feature name from the corresponding subclause
- library (base): Added creation procedures
make_open_temporary_with_prefixto the class
FILEto create temporary files.
- library (base): Added class features
null_nameto the class
- library (OpenSSL): Added TLSv1.3 support, added creation procedures
make_as_tls_clientto the class
SSL_CONTEXTto create flexible TLS capable server/client context, the supported protocols are SSLv3, TLSv1, TLSv1.1, TLSv1.2 and TLSv1.3.
- library (EiffelNetSSL): Added features
set_optionsto change the SSL ctx options as defined here SSL_CTX_set_options and
clear_optionsto clear CTX options,
min_proto_versionfor configured version or 0 for auto-configuration of highest/lowest protocol to the class
- library (WEL): Added features
dpi_for_monitorto get dots per inch (dpi) of a display and
- compiler: Workbench C code is not generated when performing finalized compilation.
- EiffelStudio (error): Provided location for violations of
- EiffelStudio (error): Supported a possibility to open all classes that are fixed automatically in the editor and to remember this choice for all subsequent fixes. The setting is also available in the preferences.
- EiffelStudio (dpi): Added basic support for high dpi only on Windows.
- Library (wikitext): accepts absolute path in external wiki link (such as [/path/to/page a page]).
- Debugger: extended support for local variable stone in relation with the debugger.
- library (logging): Fixed a C compiler warning for the call to the feature
syslogthat might lead to potential vulnerability if a message has embedded format specifiers.
- compiler: bug#19437 (test#free025) — Fixed a bug preventing validity checks for class status of features used in unqualified calls in arguments to qualified calls inside a class feature (
- compiler: bug#19502 — Fixed a bug with checking target dependency in project settings (ECF) when only the first occurrence of a target was checked though some other dependencies could be invalid instead.
- compiler: test#valid019, test#valid233, test#vdrs401, test#vdrs402, test#vdrs403 — Added missing checks for
VDRS(4)when a deferred feature listed in the redefine subclause is effected or merged rather than redefined. This may trigger
VDRS(4)errors for existing code. The automatic fix associated with the bug report is backward compatible with previous versions of EiffelStudio and can be safely applied.
- EiffelStudio: Avoided a crash when all editors are closed during the first compilation of a project.
- Compiler: fixed compilation with remote target and no root class.
- EiffelStudio: fixed regression on features tool, when toggling signature display.
- EiffelStudio: fixed issue on gtk (linux, ...) with code completion that was not focusing back to the editor.
- library (vision): Removed references to the obsolete class
EV_CURSOR, and moved conversion between
- library (base): Marked the class
FILE_NAMEas obsolete use class