EiffelStudio 22.12 Releases
Below are not the release notes of EiffelStudio. It is the change log of EiffelStudio intermediate releases and the most important changes are highlighted in green or in red (for breaking changes). The release notes of EiffelStudio can be found at the following URL. You can also download the latest revision here. Information about other version can be found under Category:Releases.
Current official release
- See the Changelog of EiffelStudio 22.12 Releases
Next EiffelStudio Release
Beta download: https://account.eiffel.com/downloads/channel/beta
Stable download: https://account.eiffel.com/downloads/channel/stable
188.8.131.5263 (Dec 2022)
- New platform: macosx-armv6 (to support M1, M2)
- New platform: linux-arm64
- editor: Added support for once classes in feature code completion.
- runtime and generated C code: updated C code to match clang expectations. Mostly related to clang optimization, and especially on ARM architecture.
- Fixed code generation for equality tests when the second operand is a call to a function that can allocate memory so that the first operand gets moved by GC (reproducible when compiled with clang as C compiler).
- wrapc: improved glue C code to support recent version of gcc.
- dotnet: enabled the use of the emdc.exe md consumer, as an alternative to the COM md consumer.
- compiler: fixed crash when a once class lists no creation procedures.
- studio: allow user to include ecf file that is a redirection (using the Browse button of the "Add Library" dialog)
- editor: Fixed crash on Windows, when first inserting Unicode symbol using the Symbols dialog.
- installation: On Windows, fixed issue preventing the EiffelStudio installations of both 32bit and 64bit versions at the same time on the same machine.
- studio: Fixed "Add cluster" in recursive cluster, and also allow to create a new top level cluster.
- dotnet: Fixed a bug that caused discarding a .NET namespace when saving an ECF from the project setting dialog.
- runtime: fixed typo preventing to use of LD environment variable to compile C code on Linux.