Talk:Multi screen support
The basic approach would be:
- improve the EV_SCREEN class to handle multiple screens and then let Vision and later ES make use of it
EiffelStudio 5.7 Pre-releasesfrom Downloads
- Does this mean we are going to do it with EiffelStudio 5.6 after all?
- Problem with 5.6 is that we can't use the current library versions as c compilation won't succeed
- I just had a brief look at WEL and it doesn't seem to support MultiScreen...
- It really doesn't support MultiScreen, so we have to work trough that too...
It seems to me, that the best way would be to create a class WEL_MULTISCREEN_DC (inherits WEL_SCREEN_DC) and replace the features by ones where you can define which DC you want to get or close. Then we create a class WEL_SCREEN_ENUMERATOR in which we put the capabilities to enumerate the screens (similarly to WEL_FONT_FAMILY_ENUMERATOR). WEL_SCREEN_ENUMERATOR is also inherited by WEL_MULTISCREEN_DC
- maybe we could also put the capabilities of WEL_SCREEN_ENUMERATOR directly into WEL_MULTISCREEN_DC