Eiffel Design Feast May-2012
Co-located with TOOLS EUROPE 2012 / 30 May 2012, Prague, Czech Republic
To continue the work made during previous Design Feast (June 2011, and December 2011), the next Eiffel Web Design Feast will take place on Wednesday, May 30th 2012 in Prague, Czech Republic. It is a workshop scheduled as part of the TOOLS EUROPE 2012 conference.
The first design feast goal was to get a global view of Eiffel solutions related to web applications (server and client). It was also the kickoff of the Eiffel Web Framework project (EWF), an open source project to write server application in Eiffel).
The second workshop collected user feedback, and tried to reduce the gap between low level aspects and the expected high level view of a user friendly framework. In the meantime, the Eiffel Web Framework has improved, and is reaching the state of its first release (scheduled as part of the EiffelStudio 7.1 release on May 15th).
During the May 2012 feast we will present the first release, explore new ways to create a user friendly framework for web applications and prepare the future work.
Information of the one day workshop
The Design Feast will take place as a one day workshop during the TOOLS 2012 conference in Prague, Czech Republic
Wednesday, May 30th, 2012
The participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation. Because the workshop is part of the TOOLS 2012 conference, the participants must register for at least the day of the workshop, or for the full conference. See Registration page for details.
We hope you can participate. If so, please indicate it to firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to an intense and productive discussion.
The present page (http://dev.eiffel.com/Eiffel_Design_Feast_May-2012) will be updated with more information as it becomes available.
About the Eiffel Web Framework
- Check the page of the EWF project.
- Framework to build web server application in Eiffel
- Written in void-safe Eiffel
- Compliant with future EWSGI specification, then portable on any platforms, and httpd available connectors.
- Provides the core functionalities, such as REQUEST, RESPONSE, URL router (url dispatching), URI template component, MIME handler, ...)
- Provides simple http client library.
- More to come (about RESTful, HATEOS, Authentication, ...) after the first release.
- Once the first release is out, feel confident to contribute with libraries and tools built on top of EWF. So this new Web ecosystem covers all the needs.
- Important note: the Eiffel Design Feast will start at 9:10am. However, if you want to listen to the Keynote, you can still join the workshop at 11:00am.
- Program: to be defined