How to contribute
How to contribute to EiffelStudio
- The first step: subscribe to the developer's mailing list. See the mailing lists page on how to subscribe.
- Next: look up the open projects page. This is a list of what people have requested before. You might find just the right project there, large or small, for your contribution.
- If you have some other ideas, feel free to add them to the page and let others know about it on the developer's mailing list. Or you can expand one of the existing projects in the projects category.
For example, you can send a message to the mailing list describing the purpose of your contribution and from there your contribution, depending on its value might be either accepted, accepted with modification, or rejected. If it is rejected, you have various outcomes:
- it might be rejected for now, but you can propose it again in the future (mostly this happens when we are on the verge of doing a release)
- it might be rejected forever, it is up to you to convince part of the developer community that your contribution is worth adding.