EiffelStudio 16.05 Releases
Below are not the release notes of EiffelStudio. It is the change log of EiffelStudio intermediate releases and the most important changes are highlighted in green or in red (for breaking changes). The release notes of EiffelStudio can be found at the following URL. You can also download the latest revision here. Information about other version can be found under Category:Releases.
EiffelStudio 16.05.x Releases
Beta download: https://ftp.eiffel.com/pub/beta/16.05/
- compiler: Provided more details (such as option name, rule name, kind of syntax error) for errors in code analysis command-line options.
- compiler: Supported position-independent code analysis options (temporary retaining old code analysis options) that act like regular EiffelStudio command-line options:
-ca_class (-all | <class_name>) -ca_default -ca_rule <rule_name_with_optional_setting> -ca_setting <preference_file_name>
- compiler: Relaxed void safety rules for local variables and
Resultby allowing assigning of detachable values to them even when their type is attached. The change allows dropping explicit detachable marks in local declarations and simplifying code that uses Result, e.g.,
foo: X local r: detachable X do r := something if not attached r then r := something_else_attached end Result := r end
foo: X do if attached something as r then Result := r else Result := something_else_attached end end
can now be rewritten as
foo: X do Result := something if not attached Result then Result := something_else_attached end end
The change does not allow previously void-unsafe code to be treated as void-safe, but may affect errors reported by the compiler, in particular:
- VEVI errors may be now reported as VUTA(2) when a local of an attached type is used as a target of call before it is attached.
- VEVI errors may be now reported as VJAR or VUAR when a local of an attached type is used as a source expression before it is attached.
- VJAR errors may now be reported as VUTA(2) when a local of an attached type is assigned a detachable value and is later used as a target of a call.
- VJAR errors may now be reported as VEVI when
Resultof an attached type is assigned a detachable value.
- EiffelStudio: bug#19173 - Fixed a bug that caused an exception when requesting to generate documentation or XMI for a target with a library disabled by a condition.
- compiler: test#codeanalysis019 - Fixed a bug that caused duplicate reports for CA020 rule (unused assigned variable) inside one class or spurious reports for this rule on several classes.
- EiffelStudio: Changed order of processing of arguments taken from the command line and from the environment variable
ISE_EC_FLAGS. Now arguments are first read from the environment variable and then from the command line.
- compiler: Marked old code analysis command-line options as obsolete.