- To ensure Subversion is used as wanted, please configure your machine/account as described below to ensure that we enable keywords expansion. The SVN repository is configured to check those keywords, if there are not set, you won't be able to commit new files.
- Basically you will need to enable auto properties, and set the value for each type of file. Check at the end of this page for examples.
Install the tools
You will find everything needed on the download page of the subversion project page. Especially the subversion command line tools and, for windows users, TortoiseSVN (a graphical tool integrated with the windows Shell).
Configure your account
Configuration : file locations
Typically, Subversion uses two per-user and site-wide configurations.
Unix: /etc/subversion/config Windows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Subversion\config REGISTRY:HKLM\Software\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config
Unix: ~/.subversion/config Windows: %APPDATA%\Subversion\config REGISTRY:HKCU\Software\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config
- You can configure your subversion client tools using different ways: INI files and windows registry keys
- Registry-based configuration options are parsed before their file-based counterparts, so are overridden by values found in the configuration files. In other words, configuration priority is granted in the following order on a Windows system:
- Command-line options
- The per-user INI files
- The per-user Registry values
- The system-wide INI files
- The system-wide Registry values
- Check the "%APPDATA%\subversion" folder
- Use INI based file. Check at the end of this page for examples.
- Here are concrete examples. We would advise you to use the INI based files; this way you can copy them easily and even use them on Linux and so on. (And also because registry keys are not that easy to edit, and you may have to reboot, or restart a few application to take them into account.)
- Using registry keys
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tigris.org\Subversion] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config\miscellany] "global-ignores"="*.o *.lo *.la #*# .*.rej *.rej .*~ *~ .#* *.swp .*.swp ~* EIFGENs .git " "enable-auto-props"="yes" "use-commit-times"="yes"
- Using INI based files:
[miscellany] global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la #*# .*.rej *.rej .*~ *~ .#* *.swp ~* enable-auto-props = yes use-commit-times = yes
Read the tutorial on subversion for more details about subversion.