This is the page to provide feedback on the docking library intergration into EiffelStudio
- Loading a project with 10+ documents open takes a while. I suggest maintaining a first open status flag in each editor tab. That way you open the tabs all at once and only process the document when the user switches to that tab for the first time.
- Opening a new tab, by opening a new document, when a number of tabs are already open causes a significant amount of flickering.
- Redraw docking target icon because it's copyright infringment.
- Panes that are not tab-docked (those that are floating or docked without tabs) do not stay closed when closing EiffelStudio and reopening.
- EiffelStudio starts 2/3rd down the screen.
- Toolbars can overlap. If you hide the standard toolbar and put another in its place, then if you choose to show the standard toolbar again it overlaps.
- Output and C Output panes should have animated icons displaying compilation status.
- A hidden error pane should be revealed on a compilation error. If there is not error but there is a warning then the warning pane should be revealed, if hidden.
- Start a compiling when debugging will cause focus lose in EiffelStudio.
- Problems with undoing if I switch between editor tabs.
- If I switch between tabs using ctrl-tab the old tab still has the focus.
- Saved external commands don't show neither in Tools menu nor in external command panel.
- If I add the search tool to a group that is unpinned and then disable the search tool and enable it again, it is not in the group anymore but a free floating window.
- I don't get asked if I want to save my modified files if I have more than one tab open and the current tab has been saved (even though there are other tabs which have not yet been saved)
- The complete display seems to "crash" from time, i.e. buttons and similar things are not drawn any more (or only if I go with the mouse cursor over it), sometimes we also get wrong font sizes.
This is caused by Gdi leak.
- There are GDI leaks when switch tabs and when raising an auto-hide pane.
- Sometimes the autohidden tabs don't appear anymore, using ctrl-tab to switch to them makes everything work again.
- Right Click on tab on Linux, estudio will crash. But not happend on Windows.
- Editor tab icons don't get refreshed after a compilation (e.g. if an uncompiled class becomes compiled).
- Context tool forgets current feature/class.
- After removing a class (Tools, Remove current item), the editor still displays the class.
- Link context tool options not work. After compile it always set stone to the feature tool with the stone from current eidtor. But when the link context tool is disabled, it should not.
- Layout of editor tabs is lost if I quit and start again.
- When "run finalize" button is added to the tool bar, it is sensitive when the project is a dll project.
- When only one editor is open, Ctrl + Tab crashes the compiler.
- Order of editor tabs is lost if I quit.
Bugs after Dec 1st 2006
- Diagram tool add to editors area. So it can have a large view.
- I hate seeing multiple target drop zone pixmaps. I want a preference to show only the zones applicable for the mouse cursor location.
- Empty tabs are usless as they do not contain empty documents. If we are to have them when a new tab is created open the add new class dialog. If the user cancels do not add the tab, else add a tab with the new document inside.
- (Out of view editor tab window) I didn't know what the bold elements in the list meant until it was explained. I suggest separating the list with a horizontal bar to separate the hidden and visible tabs.
- (Out of view editor tab window) The elements should be ordered. I do not like seeing the clusters and classes mixed. I would also like the items ordered by name so they are easier to find, without typing the class name.
- Undocked windows could snap to one another (see winamp/photoshop)
- I would like to be able to open a new tab by dropping a class onto the open editor document. A combination of a preference and an alt-operation keyboard shortcut would do the trick.
- I'd like to have one tool where all editor tabs are included. This would allow to move the editor and to minimize/close it in the debug view.
- Allows hide/show of toolbars in toolbar docking area via a right-click.
- Enable pick in tabs so you don't have to scroll up the editor to get the class name.
- For auto-hide tools, if the tools is on the bottom of the screen, in order to see one tab in the tools, I have to move the mouse down, and then move the mouse to the left to select the tab, which is kind of time consuming, it would be nice if I only need to move the mouse down and it will show me the last shown tab.
- It would be nice if newly added classes would be shown in a new tab.
- A close icon on tabs would be helpful.
- Class history should be per editor tab (see Talk page)
- Permit docking of other tools inside the editor pane but not allow editor tabs to be docked out. Useful for diagram tool and new tools on their way.
- Store also the last opened feature in addition to the last opened class and go to this feature.
- It would be nice if there where an option to disable the automatic display of the output tool.
- It could make sense to have a small delay before showing hidden tabs.
- Preference for not shown all feedback indicators and preference for not reuse current tab when click on a new class.
- Preference for show all the text labels when some tab stubs in one group.
- Preference for show auto hide zone delay.
- Preference for use the old style docking feedback.
- Display more editor tabs with shortened class names instead of only few with full class name.
- Some windows should have minimum sizes, such as the Find and Replace. larryl I disagree, it can have default sizes, but should not have minimum sizes.