Let's list below all the good tools that EiffelStudio programmers use on a daily basis that might be helpful to other. This page also serves as a reference to their download location.
- Windows SDK: See the Installing Microsoft C compiler page for details.
- JkDefrag: A quick defragmenter for Windows (http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/index.html).
- gVim: A graphical version of the popular vi editor (http://www.vim.org)
- Valgrind: Get it from http://valgrind.org and you have graphical tools from Linux (http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/show.cgi) and for Windows (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincachegrind).
- Agent Ransack: A much better search engine that the one included in Windows Explorer (http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/).
- 4NT: A much better alternative to the DOS prompt on Windows (http://jpsoft.com/index.html).
Source control management
- SysInternals: A collection of tools for Windows including process explorer, network activity, file monitor,... (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx).
- Tweak UI: Configure basics of Windows such as the switch task dialogs and other neats things. The 64-bit version can be obtained from http://neosmart.net/Products/TweakUI64.htm, the 32-bit version from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx.
- Xming: Based on the cygwin X client code but withouth the cygwin DLLs, making it standalone (http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/)